Spring Camporee 2014 Registration Information
The Mid-Peninsula Girl Scout Service Unit
San Mateo & Foster City Girl Scouts
(Brownies and older)
to Spring Camporee 2014
June 6th – June 8th
The fun begins Friday at 5 pm and ends Sunday at 1 pm!!!
YMCA Camp Jones Gulch
11000 Pescadero Road, LaHonda
Camp Package includes:
2 nights group dormitory style cabins
5 meals, 2 evening snacks
(Sat Breakfast-Sun Lunch/Fri & Sat evening Snack)
Activities & Program
(Rock Climbing Wall, Zip Line, Archery, Canoes, Hikes, Swimming Pool,
Arts & Crafts, Challenges and Cooking)
Horseback Riding, Ropes Courses and Zip Line for an ADDITIONAL FEE
Questions?? Email us at email@example.com
Spring Camporee Registration Day 2014
Tuesday, March 11th
Wind Room, Foster City Recreation Center
(above the Foster City library)
In order for your troop to register you must have the following forms:
- TWO COPIES of your TROOP REGISTRATION FORM
- ONE health form for each ADULT and GIRL registering (2 signatures required per form; for immunizations, we request that you fill in this section completely or attach a copy of your immunization record. Most recent tetanus MUST be noted on the form.)
- YMCA Liability Waiver
- Parent permission slip/photo release
- Financial Aid forms (optional)
The above forms are found at our website: www.springcamporee.com at the Forms page
(IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ALL OF THE REQUIRED FORMS, YOUR TROOP WILL NOT BE ABLE TO REGISTER FOR CAMP. YOU WILL BE ALLOWED TO REGISTER AT A LATER DATE ONCE ALL THE PAPERWORK, INCLUDING NECESSARY SIGNATURES, IS RECEIVED, SPACE PERMITTING.)
Campers will be registering as a troop with one person in the troop acting as Spring Camporee Coordinator. This person may be the leader or another adult volunteer. The Spring Camporee Coordinator will be responsible for:
- filling out the Troop Registration Form
- collecting camper forms
- registering her troop on Registration Day
- collecting payment once the invoice is received
- relaying messages regarding Spring Camporee to the campers in her troop
2014 Registration Process:
- Using the attached form, the Spring Camporee Coordinator will list all members in the troop who will attend Spring Camporee 2014. Information on Camporee is available at our website: www.springcamporee.com. Registration is open to registered Girl Scouts, Brownies and older, in the Mid-Peninsula Service Unit.
- Collect and check off completed forms as they are received. Please note that all forms require two signatures and are found at www.springcamporee.com under Forms. (Please make a copy of the Troop Registration Form if more space is needed.)
- Bring the camper forms (Health History forms, YMCA waiver, Parent Permission/Photo Release, and optional Financial Aid form) and TWO copies of the Troop Registration form to the Wind Room, Foster City Recreation Center (above the Foster City library) on March 11th starting at 5:30pm. Participants will be assigned a space at camp in the order of completed paperwork received.
- The Spring Camporee Coordinator will be given a link to forward to campers in her troop. This will allow members to complete registration and choose their first, second, and third choice paid activities (see fees below) and volunteer assignments. Only those members listed on the Troop Registration Form and whose forms are complete may register. Campers will have until March 17 to register online. We will do our best to honor your first, second and (hopefully!) third choice activities but space is limited for these activities and therefore not guaranteed. If we are not able to accommodate a camper for a particular activity, that camper will be placed on a wait list and notified should a space become available.
- Within 7 to 10 days, a troop invoice with payment instructions will be emailed to the Coordinator. Payment is due by April 1st.
Cancellation Policy and Refunds
Payment is due in full on April 1st. If you cancel prior to May 1st, you will receive a full refund minus a $25 administration fee per each registrant. Those who cancel between May 1st and May 15th will receive a full refund minus a $50 administration fee per registrant. THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS AFTER MAY 15th. Registrations are non-transferable.